Monday, March 17, 2014

Access

I just uploaded my (many, many) slides to the NCTE Connected Community site after viewing the Access Committee's 7 minute video on create accessible materials.  It seemed literally the least I could do to create at least a gesture towards accessibility for all those scholars wanting access but unable (or struggling) to make sense of the conference during the chaos of the meeting itself. And in an important nod to Universal Design, I benefit because I've often felt overwhelmed and sat through a presentation I had not really wanted to because, well, I had made it to session G18, and who knew where session G8 really was anyway?

Not that I did not find hypothetical session G18 valuable. It just wasn't what I had been seeking.

That said, there were only 2 sets of materials, mine and Elizabeth Tomlinson's Client Proposal and Project Assignment Sheet for session A26 listed under Professional and Technical Writing. Tammy and Stacy Nall have their panel's materials posted. G33-- The Stories We Tell: Narratives, Institutional Discourse, and the Public Documents of Writing Centers. They are under Writing Programs (Writing Centers). Only 61 total resources listed at first. Now there are 68! Yay!

It seems the least we can all do is put our presentations, even in draft form, up on the NCTE site. Jay Dolmage and the CCCC Access Committee have made this useful Accessibility guide available as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment